Pages

Monday 15 June 2015

Holiday attitude, with no holiday

Hello everyone, I hope you are keeping well and enjoying a well-deserved rest now that exams are over. I am currently in a dilemma regarding my motivation levels. I know that I have a dissertation to write, and I know that it is going to require a lot of hard work and effort, but I just can’t get into it. I think the issue is that all though my education, this is the time of the year where the summer break begins, and so my brain has gone into holiday mode. This has meant that instead of working on my dissertation, I have been doing everything but my dissertation. For example, instead of dedicating this weekend to working on my dissertation, I watched the new season of Orange is the New Black. That means that the 14 or so hours that I spent watching it since Friday night, was 14 hours I could have put into my dissertation… I know what I would have rather have done, though!

To the topic of holiday, I really could do with one right about now. The last holiday I had was in California in 2013 (which feels like a very long time ago!) Although I did go to Paris last summer, it was only for a day and so I’m not going to class it as a holiday. Once I have a full-time job, I plan on saving up some money so that I can go away, even if it is just for a week, and not very far away. I also still have air miles to use, which I got from that holiday to California, and have been topping them up with Tesco Clubcard points, and Shell Drivers Club points. That should help reduce the cost of the travel somewhat as well!

For the interesting fact that I have for this blog, London Zoo and World War 2 are the connection. When WWII started, London Zoo transferred its most valuable animals to Whipsnade Zoo for safety; two giant pandas, two orang-utans, four chimpanzees, thee Asian elephants, and an ostrich. It also had to put down the venomous animals to remove the possibility of having dangerous animals escaping in the event of the zoo being bombed. Whilst it is sad they had to put animals down, it was probably a lot safer to do so than to have dangerous animals wandering the streets of London, especially when there was a war happening at the same time!


That is all from me for this blog, I hope you are enjoying the time off, and have things to look forward to over the summer. I will be sure to keep you updated if I have any plans. Until next time everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment