Pages

Thursday 12 December 2013

The year so far and plans for 2014

Hello again everyone, I hope you are all well and keeping your stress levels low, I can’t believe that it’s December already, there aren’t many days left now until it’s 2014! I’ve decided that things are going to be much better in 2014, and I will have a think about what resolutions I can make and aim to stick to them. 

So how has 2013 been for me. Well, as I’m sure every person at some point in the year, 2013 had its ups and downs. I managed to travel to two different places, Amsterdam in The Netherlands back in April, and California in the USA in June. Hopefully in 2014 I can expand upon my travel map which I wrote a blog about in August. I hope next year that I can do the inter-railing thing I spoke about and get to see more of Europe, and I would like to go to Canada at some point. This is all dependent on how my finances look for next year of course…

2013 is also the year that I passed the second year of my degree, and could continue into my final year. Hopefully I should be able to do the same this year to achieve my undergraduate degree in Human Resource Management. I’m hoping that I will be able to find a job upon completion of my degree so that I can have some money to do some travelling, but who knows what the future holds really.

The low points of 2013 include losing some important people in my life simply through drifting apart, which is an inevitable part of life, and as with the majority of students, there have also been points where I have had nearly no money and worried about how I would manage. Just because I don’t want to put a massive downer on this entry, I have also met some amazing new people this year who I hope will remain a part of my life for a long time, I have also become closer with some people who were at one point mere acquaintances. I hope they remain good friends with them into 2014. I also work as much as I can to make a bit of extra cash, and in 2014, I will be extra strict on my financial outgoings.


All in all, 2013 has not been a bad year, but I aim to make 2014 an even better one. I hope that you all have had a pleasant 2013, and if not, 2014 is a time for change. And as that saying goes, if you believe in yourself, you can achieve anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment