Pages

Monday 13 April 2015

An Update from Easter

Hello again everyone, I hope you are well. As the title of this blog would suggest, here are some updates since my last entry. From my last entry, I said that I was going to Birmingham for the weekend to see a friend, and York with some friends from uni. The trip to Birmingham wasn’t too bad actually, and only took a few hours to get there through driving. I actually had a good time, and it’s the first time I’ve been to Birmingham. I didn’t really do much whilst I was there, but did get an opportunity to see some of the city. The weather was really nice as well, and whilst it was still chilly, it was sunny, which made a change to the grey and overcast weather we’ve had for a while.


Moving forward a few weeks, and approximately 130 miles north-east of Birmingham, I find myself in York for the weekend. York is now the furthest north I have been in both the UK! I was amazed at how cheap a night out was in York, and is definitely a great deal cheaper than in London. It was also nice to see the gate that surrounds the city (we drove past Micklegate). It was a shame that I didn’t get a chance to go sightseeing, as there is lots to see there, but that will have to wait for another time.

In university related news, I have nearly finished my final assignment (before my dissertation, which I really need to start thinking about), and have started to revise for my exams. Fortunately I only have two exams this time around, which is much better than 3 in one week! Although saying that, the two exams I have are in the same week, and there is only one day separating them… as they say, it’ll all be worth it in the end!

As is a feature of my previous blogs, this entry will also contain a fact that I find quite interesting, and hopefully you will too. This fact, may, or may not be a fact, but is still interesting nonetheless. There is a village in The Netherlands called Giethoorn, which has no roads. All of the buildings and houses are connected entirely by canals and footbridges. It looks like a really quaint place to live, and some of the houses have thatched roofs as well! I may have to add that to my list of places to visit.

As always, I hope you are all working hard and have managed to get all your wok completed. Not that long to go now for most of you I’m sure.


Until next time everyone, take care!





No comments:

Post a Comment